Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Serenity Tea Cakes



  Serenity Tea Cakes
         How far will you go for a cookie....
 
 
 
This is my recipe for Serenity Tea Cakes, melt in your mouth yumminess! I grew up with my grandma making these every Christmas and would hoard them all to myself when that tin of cookies came in the mail. Now a few years ago I discovered I was allergic to nuts and thought my favorite cookie was off limits but even without nuts they are awesome! Enjoy!


Ingredients
1 cup shortening
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
  2 1/4 flour
   3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
   1/4 teaspoon salt
    Powdered sugar
 
  Directions 1 Heat oven to 400ºF. 2 Mix shortening, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and the vanilla in large bowl. Stir in flour, nuts and salt until dough holds together. 3 Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. 4 Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set but not brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool slightly on wire rack. 5 Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar; cool on wire rack. Roll in powdered sugar again.

No comments:

Post a Comment